Version 1.0 | 1 September 2014
> Latest version
As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible. Your privacy matters to Intelligentia so whether you are new to Intelligentia or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions Contact us.
Information we collect
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results.
We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer.
We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Information you share
Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines. Our services provide you with different options on sharing.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Our Company unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
We will share personal information with partner companies, organizations or individuals outside of Intelligentia when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
With domain administrators
Domain administrators may have access to your Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- View statistics regarding your account.
- Change your account password.
- Suspend or terminate your account access.
- Access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
The administrator of the service will be well known in Intelligentia and its name will be available in reply to formally written requests.
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Intelligentia if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Intelligentia, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Intelligentia and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Intelligentia employees, who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or fired if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
Specific product practices
The following notices explain specific privacy practices with respect to certain Intelligentia products and services that you may use:
- Jobs @Intelligentia
- jobs.intelligentia.eu and related language translations
- Intelligentia main site
- www.intelligentia.eu and related language translations
- Campus @Intelligentia
- campus.intelligentia.eu and related language translations
1 September 2014